Backend / Full Stack Engineer, Stripe Terminal, Fleet Management
Stripe Terminal helps our users extend their online presence to the physical world. The Terminal team’s mission is to make it as easy for businesses to accept in-person payments as the Stripe API has done for online payments. With Terminal, businesses can unlock in-person payments use cases that are right for their business model—whether it’s creating a superb retail experience, extending their website to a pop-up store, or enabling a mobile point-of-sale at their next event.
At Terminal we believe that customers get the most value from Stripe when they can focus more on their business-critical applications as opposed to spending efforts to maintain systems to manage their readers and reader applications. The Fleet Management team builds software tools to enable large-scale fleet management by giving users the capabilities to acquire, customize, deploy, and manage thousands of readers (IoT devices) and its applications, as well as providing business insights associated with in-person payments.
We’re working on an exciting host of new fleet management capabilities to scale Stripe’s Terminal business — and we’re looking for full stack engineers who can help build an emerging business.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
- Build new features for internal and external users
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as experts product, design, infrastructure, and operations
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Have 2+ years of software development experience
- Either a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent technical experience.
- Experience designing, building and supporting RESTful APIs and micro services.
- Proficiency in Java, Python, Go or Ruby.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Amazon Redshift and MySQL.
- Experience with one or more front-end frameworks such as React or AngularJS.
- Enjoy being a generalist working on backend, pipelines, frontend or anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people from various backgrounds with broad technical skills. Stripes take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and empowering entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We contribute to open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues well. The kind of people who commit to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a diverse organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.