Full Stack Engineer, Security Insight
Stripe powers businesses all over the world and nearly every system we operate interacts with sensitive financial or personal data — making security a top priority for Stripe.
Our Insight & Assessment team works to measure our security posture, guide risk management and provide implementation-time guard-rails.
The Full Stack Engineer will play a pivotal role in providing a platform to guide security attention and represent progress across the company. You will build the next version of our Security Posture Dashboard and security metric pipeline. We need your help to clearly visualize our security risk posture and provide an intuitive drill-down user experience take action on company-wide security initiatives. Your work is key to scaling our efforts to protect users and look snazzy while doing it.
- Build intuitive frontend web applications using modern web frameworks
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Stripe’s engineering team
- Build new features for internal users
- Participate in the product development process from start to finish, from helping scope projects to measuring their success and iterating based on user feedback
- Work across design, product and engineering throughout the company to build tools that will scale with us
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- An interest in industry-leading security and privacy engineering
- A passion for autonomy and building with a variety of technical stakeholders. You should be able to identify opportunities for impact andexecute in a complex environment
- 3+ years of development experience, building, running, and debugging web applications using modern JS frameworks (React, Angular, etc)
- Pride in shepherding projects from ideation to completion, where completion often involves partnering with engineering teams to carefully roll out changes that affect their workflows
- A drive to seek feedback from your users and empathetically advocate for them throughout the product development process
- An ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts
- Skills for upholding best practices in engineering and design
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start global internet businesses.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.