Full Stack Engineer, Payment Intelligence
The Payment Intelligence group is responsible for optimizing each of the billions of dollars of transactions processed by Stripe each year on behalf of our users, in order to maximize successful transactions while minimizing payment costs and fraud. We own products like Radar from end to end and work across the technical stack: from machine learning over our users’ data, to integrating ML intelligence, building performant and scalable systems and services, serving real-time predictions as part of Stripe’s payment infrastructure, to building user-facing product surfaces like dashboards for insights, and controls to optimally manage users’ business.
At Stripe, we are working hard at growing the GDP of the internet by building products and processes to help run an online business. Full stack engineers at Stripe push us further towards that goal by bridging the gap between backend and frontend systems to solve technical challenges quickly and effectively. You will work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will design, test, and ship great code every day. In this cross functional role, you will collaborate with experts in infrastructure, design, and operations to build mission critical internal and external features that powers Stripe users around the world.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
- Launch brand new products
- Build new features for internal and external users
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as experts product, design, infrastructure, and operations
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience as a generalist working on both the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- The ability to stitch together many different services and processes even if they have not worked with them before
- Empathy with their users and ability to be a steward of crafting great experiences
- Enjoyment in working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise
- Skills for upholding best practices in engineering, security, and design
Nice to haves:
- Some experience with or interest in learning about ML, which powers many of the products we work on
You might work on:
- Adding new functionality to the Stripe dashboard to help users run their business
- Building tools for exploring data from multiple sources in a single, easy-to-use portal
- Crafting and refining onboarding experiences to help users get to what they want faster, while balancing regulatory, risk, and compliance requirements
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.