Full Stack Engineer, New Financial Products
Help build Stripe’s newest businesses.
Stripe’s Banking and Financial Products group is building new products that expand the scope of problems we tackle beyond payments and into the rest of the financial stack. Right now this includes Capital, Issuing, Atlas, Corporate Cards, Treasury - and there’s more on the way. We have an ambitious end goal to allow global businesses to run their entire financial life cycle on Stripe, and we want you to be part of our story.
- Scope, and lead large technical projects, laying the groundwork for early-stage products to iteratively evolve and scale
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Align our technical decisions with Stripe’s broad strategic initiatives, while also advocating for needs specific to emerging new businesses
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation
- Teach and mentor both individual contributors and managers to become the next generation of leaders at Stripe. As a senior member on a new team, you will be looked to for guidance
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have a strong technical background, including 3+ years of experience working on the frontend, backend, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users.
- Are comfortable working on a new product under fluid conditions, seamlessly balancing tactical and strategic considerations
- Served as the technical lead and defined the roadmap for complex projects spanning multiple teams and functions
- Measure your success in terms of business impact, not lines of code
- Internalize the best ideas from across the organization, humbly setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- Care deeply about mentorship and growing engineers and managers
- Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise. Engineering works closely with a variety of teams: Sales and Support to better understand our customers’ needs, Legal and Accounting to understand how global policies influence our money-moving infrastructure, etc.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.