Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions
of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious
startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and
accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the
GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That
means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy
within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your
About the team
Stripe’s Banking as a Service (BaaS) team is an end-to-end platform that
lets marketplaces and platforms embed financial services in their
products. We built Stripe Treasury and Stripe Issuing so that our users
can do things like run an entire card stack for a new digital bank,
create employee expense cards with dynamic spending limits, or generate
virtual cards so that on-demand couriers can pay with their phones at
What you’ll do
We have ambitious goals to enable global businesses to run their entire
financial life cycle on Stripe, and we want you to be part of our story.
- Scope and lead large technical projects, laying the groundwork for
early-stage products to iteratively evolve and scale.
- Align our technical decisions with Stripe’s broad strategic
initiatives, while also advocating for needs specific to emerging new
- Work with engineers across the company to understand when existing
infrastructure can be leveraged vs. when building a bespoke solution
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make
effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user
experience, and a sustainable technical foundation.
- Teach and mentor both individual contributors and managers to become
the next generation of leaders at Stripe. As a senior member on a new
team, you will be looked to for guidance.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be
considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are
encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a
- You have a strong technical background, including 3+ years of
experience designing and engineering large-scale systems.
- You are comfortable working on a new product under fluid conditions,
seamlessly balancing tactical and strategic considerations.
- You prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones and have a
good intuition for what will last and scale.
- You have served as the technical lead and defined the roadmap for
complex projects spanning multiple teams and functions.
- You work well cross-functionally and cross-team and earn trust from
co-workers at all levels. You are often cited as the inspiration for
engineers that join your team.
- Senior engineers feel they are able to learn from you. You care deeply
about mentorship and growing engineers and managers.