Frontend Engineer, Product Experience Platform
Like the rest of Stripe, we’re scaling in every dimension; but more importantly than just scaling, our team is responsible for being the taste makers of Stripe’s user experiences. We’re looking for people passionate about distilling complexity across a breadth of problems, and while it’s often written as a cliche, we mean it when we say we’re out to lead the industry with what we do.
Frontend Platform Engineers in the Product Experience Platform teams at Stripe build user interface components and libraries that scale to the business needs of a multi-product business and are performant, reliable, secure, responsive, and accessible. We’re about more than great visuals. We deliver equally elegant developer experiences, striving to hide complexity and up-level less experienced UI engineers who leverage our libraries to deliver customer experiences that our users love.
You’ll work on one of the industry’s most important code bases, and be working on some of our most cross-cutting systems that powers an ever increasing amount of the internet’s GDP. We’re looking for great engineers that are passionate about the intersection of surprisingly great user experience and real world business problems.
- Build UI components, libraries, tools, and services that power the platform that impacts every Stripe user, whether they’re an end user, developer, or partner
- Ensure our UI components and libraries are reliable, scalable, secure, and extensible
- Help drive sound technical decision making and lead technical conversations with other teams across Stripe
- Debug production issues across our UI programming model with an eye towards improving maintainability over the long term
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A combined passion for great user experience and API design
- Experience shipping high-quality products from start to finish
- Empathy, a collaborative spirit, and the ability to work effectively with a team
- A desire to work closely with developers who depend on your libraries to deliver customer value
- An appreciation for the importance of good documentation – internal and external
- Attention to detail, especially around performance, accessibility, reliability, and security
Projects you may work on:
- Building the web components, design system, and UI infrastructure behind all of Stripe’s user interfaces
- Shaping complex problems into elegant component patterns
- Building charting and visualization libraries
- Redesigning the Stripe Dashboard framework to support new products, services and customer insights
- Communicating closely with developers that use Stripe to create a superlative developer experience and documentation
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.