Frontend Engineer, Connect
Build the interfaces that connect people with Stripe
You will work on:
- Frontend experiences for Connect that make it as easy as possible to participate in the Internet economy and receive money online. Some of Stripe’s largest users are platforms that connect senders of payments with receivers of payments. Lyft connects riders to drivers, Kickstarter connects backers to projects, and Squarespace connects shoppers to online stores. All of them participate in doing business online, and all of them directly or indirectly use Stripe.
- Launching Express in many new countries, as well as, building additional great product experiences into Express (integrate with Instant Payouts, Issuing, etc).
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Empathy with the many different types of users who use Stripe’s UIs
- An interest in building UIs with modern tools like ES6, React, Redux, PostCSS, Flow, and Webpack
- An ability to think through customer requirements to come up with high-impact ways of quickly solving their problems
- A passion about performance, accessibility, and API design
- A high bar for quality of code and quality of user experience
- Comfortability working in a large frontend codebase with many stakeholders
- Attention to the details
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world. Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues. We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups. We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source. We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do). We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions. In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.