Frontend Engineer, Bouncer
We are looking for talented frontend developers to build new user experiences and scalable components on Stripe’s merchant dashboard, solving for the ever-growing needs our users have to fight fraud and optimize payments. You enjoy working closely with a cross-functional team, love to take initiative, and can design with both present and future needs in mind.
- Build and launch new capabilities and products that bring significant value to customers
- Design and build intuitive, adaptable, and accessible user interfaces
- Collaborate with frontend colleagues across Stripe to develop a shared technical roadmap
- Integrate with Stripe-wide deployment and build systems to keep things running smoothly
- Implement state-of-the art cross browser testing to ensure our user experiences work every time, for every user
- Contribute to our design systems that enable many teams around the world to collaborate on a comprehensive, coherent user interface
- Automatically enforce standards around accessibility and internationalization
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience
- Experience developing and running build, test, and deployment tools in production environments
- Empathy, a collaborative spirit, and the ability to work effectively with a team
- A desire to sweat the details around security, reliability, accessibility, and internationalization
- A desire to solve the needs of their colleagues as part of a platform team
- A sense for how to hit the optimal balance between rigor and velocity
- An appreciation for the importance of good documentation – internal and external
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.