Fraud Lead, EMEA
As a Risk Strategist on the Fraud team, you will be directly responsible for decreasing losses from merchant risk at Stripe. You will enable safer payments for our users and help Stripe manage payments risks intelligently. The stakes are high, and you will be up against ever-evolving challenges. You will face some of the most complex and dynamic problems at the company, and the nature of your work will evolve rapidly to combat new and more sophisticated challenges to Stripe’s payments integrity.
- Focus on Fraud Risk. You will monitor accounts and transactions to identify and predict risky behavior that could result in losses for Stripe.
- Scale risk processes to cover an increasingly large and complex landscape of payments risks and effectively design and outsource manual/repetitive workflows.
- Work with internal partners like Data Science and Engineering to tailor fraud risk management techniques to different geographies, payment methods and products.
- Work with Stripe users to educate them about and help prevent potential risks to their business.
- Challenge the payments industry status quo to help enable innovative businesses to flourish online.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Naturally curious and passionate about risk prevention: if something seems off, you want to investigate what’s going on and solve root problems.
- Decisive, yet open to learning: you will make many critical decisions every day impacting large numbers of merchants. You are willing to make these difficult decisions and quickly learn and iterate from these experiences. You are skilled at using data to drive decisions.
- Understanding and empathetic to the challenges of setting up a new business: You will thoughtfully balance scaled enforcement decisions with user experience.
- Analytical: You are passionate about data analysis and can frame business decisions and tradeoffs effectively through quantitative analysis and visualization. You have at least intermediate SQL skills and have experience in applying these skills in business environments.
- An excellent communicator and team player: You are able to convey complex ideas succinctly and work effectively across teams
- Effective in managing projects: You have demonstrated project-management skills and the ability to drive execution on projects that span multiple teams both within and outside of Risk.
- Has 6+ years of relevant professional experience.
Nice to have(s):
- Expertise with quantitative tools such as Python, R, or Stata.
- Experience with payments (particularly working with regional payment methods), risk, or trust & safety.
- Experience working with machine learning teams.
- Experience working in fast-paced and rapidly changing start-up environments.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.