Treasury Risk Insights and Visualization
Scale our Treasury team globally
At its core, Stripe is a treasury company. We are seeking someone great to help us fulfill our mission of growing the online economy by empowering our users to move currencies to and from their own user constituents around the globe. In this way, treasury is inextricably intertwined with our product; in order to continue to build novel and powerful products for our users, our risk management capabilities must be excellent.
To that end, Stripe is building a world class Treasury risk team with a goal of being fully automated and supremely lean. We work closely with Data Science, Treasury engineering and Financial Infrastructure engineering teams to build great systems. We also work closely with our product and finance teams to shape our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for a stellar candidate to join our fast growing team and to help us build integrated financial systems and risk management processes, working alongside our business partners and world-class engineers.
If you are passionate about using data and visualizations to unearth and share new risk insights that will steer company decision making, we want to hear from you
- Support the development of a robust and scalable corporate financial risk management program.
- Deliver insights to support key business processes such as capital adequacy, stress testing and new product launches.
- Develop compelling dashboards by leveraging data visualization tools such as Tableau, Python or other web-based platforms.
- Develop and maintain a central risk database that will drive decision making and risk reporting processes
- Present key metrics and findings to leadership.
- Partner with Data Science and Treasury Engineering to define, develop and report key metrics
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of relevant experience, with extensive knowledge of financial risk models such as Value-at-Risk (VaR), economic capital, monte carlo simulations, and cash flow forecasting
- Strong presentation skills and ability to transform data into a dynamic narrative. You have deep empathy for users of financial risk information and are able to create succinct narratives out of quantitative analyses. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data-orientation. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your risk intuition to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view
- The ability to use data modeling and visualization tools. You enjoy working with and synthesize extremely large and complex data sets. Very fluent in SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Knowledge of capital markets products (eg. Rates, FX and Commodity derivatives)
- The ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects with a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience in building financial risk management tools
You might also have:
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics
- In addition to SQL, you might have experience with statistical programming languages, e.g. R, Python
To apply, please include:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.