Partner Manager, Card Networks
Build high-impact partnerships with global card networks
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build economic infrastructure for internet businesses of every size in pursuit of this mission. The Partnerships team is responsible for developing, executing and managing partnerships that enable Stripe’s product and payments ecosystem. Stripe is live in 34 markets today and we’re rapidly expanding around the globe.
We are looking for an experienced partner manager that will deepen our relationships and execute on high-impact initiatives with one or more global card networks. This person will create significant value for Stripe users and Stripe by evolving the network-enabled products that Stripe supports, engaging in policy discussions on promoting the creation and growth of innovative businesses and identifying other areas of collaboration. As part of these efforts, this person will build internal business cases and identify product requirements, leading cross-functional execution and ensuring internal alignment. These efforts will fit into a multi-year global strategic plan with network partners upon which this person will be instrumental in developing and executing.
- Manage one or more strategic card network partners, with a focus on driving execution of joint initiatives and helping to launch and manage new offerings to materially benefit Stripe users and Stripe
- Leverage payments industry knowledge to craft thoughtful strategies with card networks, partnering with business development and various stakeholders (product, engineering, sales, etc.)
- Ensure that proper execution plan is in place to operationalize deals with partners
- Gather inputs from and coordinate with internal stakeholders (including product, engineering, risk and compliance) on creation and execution of partner strategy
- Identify the right stakeholders within partner organization that can champion Stripe, educate them about Stripe’s value proposition, understand their needs, and execute deals that address those needs and support our strategy
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 5 years of partnerships experience working at or with financial institutions (ideally card networks)
- A proven track record of working effectively in a product-centric environment with significant internal and external dependencies
- Strong negotiation skills
- An operationally focused mindset, with an ability to see a deal through to success, far beyond signing, leading teams through execution by using planning, metrics, and organizational structures
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to prioritize and guide teams through competing demands and complex problems
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.