Financial Partnerships Counsel
Help us scale our financial partnerships legal team!
The legal team at Stripe is looking for an experienced financial services lawyer to join our team. As financial partnerships counsel at Stripe, you will help to build and grow Stripe’s relationships with payment networks, banks and other financial institutions that will be key to Stripe’s growing global financial infrastructure.
- Serve as primary counsel for Stripe’s relationships with payment and card networks, domestic and international bank and non-bank financial partners.
- Work closely with Stripe’s payments, new markets and compliance teams to structure and negotiate agreements with partners and to manage existing relationships.
- Coordinate with compliance, operations, sales, new markets and other teams at Stripe to ensure that the deals we enter will support Stripe’s current and future product development.
- Develop, share and deploy knowledge and best practices for working with financial partners, including the application of payment network rules and regulations to Stripe’s products and services.
- Manage outside counsel across multiple jurisdictions to ensure timely and knowledgable support of critical deals.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 4+ years of experience working on card network, payments or related products at a major financial institution
- Solid understanding of payment network rules and other financial services regulatory issues
- At least 3+ years in contract drafting, negotiation and deal management for larger business transactions
- Are admitted to practice law in one or more US states
- Extreme organizational skills
The person we want to hire for this role will also:
- Be a great deal lawyer–willing and able to roll up your sleeves and get into the details of major deals.
- Have worked in, or closely with, one or more technology companies to structure complex financial services relationships.
- Have experience doing international deals and working across cultures; willing to travel as needed in support of deal negotiations.
- Love technology and are a quick study on new things.
- Be a great communicator and solid project manager, able to effectively prioritize and advance a large number of deals happening simultaneously, often on tight deadlines.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.