Financial Crimes Compliance Officer, APAC - India (Bangalore)
Help us grow our Financial Crimes team!
We are looking for an experienced compliance professional to join our Financial Crimes team in our India Office. In this role, you’ll manage a wide variety of financial crimes matters, including anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorist financing, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption (ABC), and support a best in class Financial Crimes program for Stripe as it continues to grow in India, whilst helping with Stripe’s expansion in other APAC markets.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
- Lead financial crimes compliance for Stripe’s operations in India and other APAC countries as necessary. This includes ensuring Stripe’s documentation framework and existing program controls are up-to-date and compliant with local requirements (including sanctions, know your customer and enhanced due diligence, AML investigations and reporting, and ABC).
- Serve as Principal Officer for Stripe India’s financial service licenses and perform all responsibilities of said role. This includes acting as the liaison for all financial crimes related matters for the Reserve Bank of India and the Financial Intelligence Unit, and other applicable regulator(s), and managing operational processes within local data storage constraints
- Support and lead APAC-wide programs and initiatives as necessary, to continuously enhance the regional and global Financial Crimes program. Identify priority areas, develop implementation plans and success metrics
- Work with the APAC Financial Crimes Lead to scope and build compliance processes to power Stripe’s expansion into new APAC markets and product expansion in existing markets. Deliver new, scalable regional controls where necessary
- Advise business teams on existing and upcoming regulatory requirements and potential product changes
- Advise business teams on day-to-day queries on products and services and risk assessments of Stripe users
- Build and maintain Stripe’s relationship with financial crimes counterparts at our partner financial institutions
- Partner with the wider Financial Crimes team to build a global program
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum +7 years of experience and beyond in an AML/CFT role
- Demonstrated experience executing on complex Financial Crimes initiatives
- Comfort juggling numerous aspects of an AML/CTF compliance program
- Comfort in interpreting legal guidance (with the support of the Legal team) into operational policies and systems-based solutions
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
- An effective and relatable “culture of compliance” mentality
- The requisite skills and knowledge and satisfy any pre-appointment checks to be appointed as the Principal Officer with the Reserve Bank of India and its Financial Intelligence Unit
Nice to haves:
- Payments or fintech experience
- Related regulatory experience, such as anti-bribery and corruption, payments, international policy, or audit
- Experience with India and APAC regulatory requirements
- Familiarity with MacOS and Google products
- CAMS or CFE certification
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.