Financial Crimes Analyst
Help us grow our Financial Crimes team in Seattle and NY!
We are looking for an analyst to join our Financial Crimes Team based in Seattle and New York City. In this role, you’ll handle a wide variety of anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorist financing (CTF), sanctions, and other financial crimes and regulatory compliance work in support of Stripe’s growing business.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company, and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face of ambiguity.
- Decision a variety of reviews, potentially including: conducting investigations into potential financial crime and Suspicious Activity Report (SAR, also known as Suspicious Transaction Reports or STRs) filing, Sanctions reviews, Politically-exposed Person (PEP) reviews, Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) reviews.
- Support the team on broader initiatives, to potentially include training, policy and governance, and research
- Contribute to the team’s ongoing intelligence work.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and an ability to navigate non-binary, high-risk decisions.
- Adhere closely to process while still constantly questioning assumptions, suggesting improvements, and following up implementation of those improvements.
- Effectively and clearly communicate, including with other Stripes, Stripe’s users, and Stripe’s financial partners.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years experience in financial crimes, AML, risk, fraud, research, or a related field.
- Strong research and investigation skills.
- The ability to synthesize large amounts of information, including transaction data.
- The ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume and technology-driven environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders.
Nice to haves:
- Financial Crimes or payments experience.
- Excel or SQL abilities. Familiarity with MacOS and Google products.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.