The Stripe Accounting Team is responsible for all aspects of the financial, statutory and internal reporting processes, financial systems, internal controls and business support. Our dynamic team is expanding, and we’re looking for experienced accountants to support our goals of scaling the accounting function for the future. We operate in a fast-paced environment and collaborate significantly with international and cross-functional teams. A Financial Accountant will support the processing and reporting of financial results.
- Participate in building scalable accounting processes to support global growth
- Plan and perform monthly and quarterly close activities, including balance sheet reconciliations, variance analyses and analytical reviews, producing internal management reporting and external audit support
- Partner with Internal Systems, Treasury, Tax and Legal to support internal financial systems process improvements and automation and to advise on accounting implications
- Research and prepare technical accounting analyses for new accounting pronouncements and/or business initiatives
- Design, implement and execute efficient internal control procedures
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedural documentation
We’re looking for someone with:
- 7+ years of relevant public accounting and/or industry experience
- B.A. or B.S degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA strongly preferred)
- Fluency in U.S. GAAP and ability to research complex accounting issues
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of Excel and experience working with large data
- Demonstrated experience partnering with cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience with internal controls (design, implementation and execution)
- Demonstrated history of taking on various types of challenging projects and producing results
- Solution-oriented mindset with enthusiasm for establishing best practices
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the technology or payments industry.
- SQL experience
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.