- Participate in building scalable accounting processes to support global growth in payment processing accounting.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, supporting schedules, variance analysis, and close deck for related financial statement line items.
- Partner with Finance to support budget to actual variance analysis.
- Coordinate with Risk Operations to identify, monitor, and mitigate transactional risks.
- Partner with Internal Systems, Treasury engineering, Disputes engineering, and Tax and Legal teams to support the build out of internal financial systems and automation.
- Assist with the technical evaluation of complex accounting issues.
- Participate in coordinating the planning and execution of annual consolidated audits, as well as statutory audits with external auditors.
- Execute and document internal control procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date accounting policies and procedures.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3-5+ years of relevant public accounting and/or private industry experience, with a degree in Accounting (CPA strongly preferred).
- Fluency with U.S. GAAP and the ability to research complex accounting issues.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to work cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated experience with internal controls.
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements.
Nice to have(s):
- SQL experience
- Knowledge of (or experience in) the payments industry.
You should include these in your application:
Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.