Head of Finance Systems Operations - India
As a platform company powering businesses all over the world, Stripe processes payments, runs marketplaces, detects fraud, helps entrepreneurs start an internet business from anywhere in the world, builds world-class APIs, and more. As we aspire to be the world’s financial infrastructure, we have to internally create a finance infrastructure that can scale to our aspirations.
The FinSys team owns one of Stripe’s internal financial infrastructure that enables us to operate our global business efficiently. We own the tools that help generate financial statements, manage finance operations, enable our F&S team partner with the broader business and so on.
We are looking for an experienced leader in setting up our India Finance Systems support team. You will help us build the India team and lead the team that will be responsible for finance systems platforms and operations. You will be innovative and not bound by the strictures of past practices developed elsewhere. We want Stripe to be at the leading edge of finance systems applying the leanest, most efficient, uncluttered and non-bureaucratic process possible, while still developing an appropriately controlled and accurate finance systems environment.
- Setup and manage a global systems support organization, tasked with production support of Stripe’s internal finance systems catering to Stripe’s Finance functions including FinOps, Accounting, Treasury, Tax & F&S
- Own the operational efficiency of Stripe’s Financial systems.
- Work with product and customer support teams of our SAAS systems providers such as Oracle, Anaplan, and Stripe internal engineering teams to resolve critical issues impacting Stripe Finance functions and maintenance of financial systems, including patch upgrades and regression / retrofit testing etc.
- Work closely with business partners to understand and define requirements, objectives, and processes to drive strategic application efforts
- Work with business partners to build appropriate change and incident management processes.
- Understand, document and define data flow among existing systems to identify opportunities for process improvement and automation
- Ensure appropriate controls and documentation are followed to facilitate an effective control environment
- Build a high impact team of analysts, developers/engineers who can effectively deploy and scale finance systems across various business verticals.
- Be accountable for our business-critical Finance organization
- Ensure that we are innovating across our support business model, to drive down costs while scaling and providing an improved user experience
- Work closely with audit, compliance and security teams to ensure the financial systems are compliant with SOX regulations, ITGC and security best practices
You should include these in your application:
- A Linkedin profile and a resume
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.