Finance Program Manager
Stripe is building a world class Finance team. We are looking for a proven leader to help build a best in class program management function within Stripe’s Finance organization. This leader will have fluency across three disciplines – Finance (specifically in Product F&S / Product FP&A), Program Management and Technology – and will be well versed in all three in order to bridge across our diverse group of stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have experience building a PM function and/or managing more junior PgM team members within Finance at a fast paced, high growth organization.
- Act as the lead Finance partner to our Product teams to ensure all finance requirements are identified, planned for and implemented for Stripe’s product launches
- Build and maintain very strong relationships in Product and across Finance to increase collaboration and productivity
- Synthesize product launch strategies and quickly work with other areas of Finance to identify impact and requirements
- Partner with all areas of Finance to manage end-to-end execution of finance roadmap items for product launches and keeping all stakeholders abreast of the progress
- Work with and consistently influence Finance, Product and other cross-functional teams, especially Engineering and Product Operations
- Drive the project prioritization process based on justification of needs and quantified benefits gathered from stakeholders
- Identify areas of risk to the project scope or timeline, and escalates to leadership in a professional and timely manner
- Communicate the overall program roadmap and periodic status updates to executive stakeholder body, including Stripe businesses, Finance, and related technical teams
- Define and implement metrics to measure and communicate success
- Support the development and delivery of the Finance PM function with tooling, templates, process improvements and training to varied audiences within and external to the PM team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of experience in program management delivering cross functional projects
- 5+ years of relevant Finance experience - preferably in a Product F&S or Product FP&A perspective
- Management consulting or high-tech industry experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in business administration, accounting or tax preferred.
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills, especially to an executive audience
- Experience in process and template design, and facilitating training and workshops on such content
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Strong computer skills, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience delivering complex projects with multiple milestones and dependencies.
- Proven track record of learning and implementing new technologies, ideas and initiatives.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and deliver results even in ambiguous situations
- Presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
- Familiarity with PM tools and methodologies
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.