Finance Operations Manager, International Payroll
Help scale our payroll globally!
Stripe is building a world-class FinOps team that supports employees in 17+ countries. We are now looking for a Finance Operations Manager, International Payroll, to support our continuous global growth, with the correct and timely coordination of the payroll and personnel data management. The ideal candidate will have prior international payroll experience across multiple geographies, payroll system implementation experience, outstanding partnering skills, and a track record of process improvement.
This role will be approximately 80% Payroll and 20% getting involved with other financial operations such accounts payable, employee expense and compliance reporting, third-party procurement and other related projects. If this sounds like you - we’d love to hear from you!
- Manage current in-country payroll vendors in APAC and possibly other regions (i.e. LATAM) ensuring payrolls are accurate, on-time, and in compliance with tax and regulatory requirements.
- Review preliminary payroll calculations from in-country payroll vendors and advise of changes, provision of final approval for each payroll.
- Partner with the US Payroll team as well as with internal stakeholders (HR, Internal Systems, Global Mobility, Accounting, Tax, Benefits) across various locations.
- Support the implementation of an efficient and cost-effective international payroll solution to meet current and future business needs.
- Drive improvements in how Workday is used at Stripe, streamlining processes across countries.
- Support payroll operations in new countries as Stripe expands.
- Coordinate off-cycle payrolls for taxable equity transactions and terminations.
- Respond to employee payroll inquiries, providing outstanding customer service.
- Streamline monthly reporting of international payroll spend by company.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Support the Source to Pay team by assisting with Travel & Expense projects such as compliance reporting, metrics and analytics.
- Provide support to Stripes on the roll out of the Oracle Procurement project
- Manage a small team based in Singapore
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of proven experience in payroll administration in an international environment and experience with dealing with outsourced payroll providers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- Strong knowledge of payroll and HRIS systems, especially Workday.
- Ability to simplify complex or ambiguous issues and guide others to resolution
- Successfully supported the implementation of a multi-country global payroll solution.
- An incredible eye for detail – you frequently spot and prevent errors others missed.
- Advanced knowledge in working with large data sets.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and ability to handle highly sensitive data.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving capabilities.
- Passion for providing outstanding customer service.
- Experience supporting financial audits.
Nice to have:
- Accounting knowledge – understanding of journal entries, monthly close, reconciliations, and general accounting principles.
- General understanding of the Source to Pay cycle particularly Travel & Expense ERP knowledge, Oracle, SAP or other
- Experience creating and maintaining internal controls.
- Experience supporting a globally mobile workforce (familiarity with secondments, shadow payrolls, hypo tax, and tax equalization)
- Experience in managing teams
To apply, please include:
- A resume or a LinkedIn profile.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.