Engineering Manager, Foundation Engineering
Design and build a more reliable Stripe
The Reliability team at stripe is in charge of building the core reliability infrastructure used by various services at stripe as well as defining and driving the reliability best practices necessary to achieve world-class availability and latencies. Our team owns various reliability building blocks and frameworks ranging from rate limiters, circuit breakers, retry logics/policies, orchestrated safe change management to fault injection and load validation. We work with various teams across stripe to make their service more resilient against failures through applying common patterns and practices, and scale them to keep up with the every increasing demand.
We’re looking for an experienced engineering leader with outstanding technical and management skills to manage and grow a set of highly talented engineers, deliver set of core reliability technologies and work with various teams and across the entire stack to harden their systems against failures and ensure that they are adhering to our high reliability standard.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership on multiple fronts (architecture/design, code reviews, quality assurance and incident management) to your reports
- Independently own and drive multiple reliability work streams, this include all planning and execution as well as managing the partnerships with other teams.
- Deliver value through strong collaborative approach with multiple customers and stakeholders across stripe.
- Establish and drive adoption of design and coding best practices within your team
- Define, evangelize and drive reliability best practices and improvements across org boundaries with setting clear measure of success
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
- Manage and grow a team of engineers to deliver high business impact projects on schedule with high-quality
- Partners with our recruiting team to attract and hire and retain top talents
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 10+ years of professional hands-on software development experience
- 6+ years of experience leading software engineering team
- Hands-on experience designing and building large scale distributed systems
- A track record of managing and mentoring junior and senior engineers located across multiple time zones
- Customer obsession, ability to articulate and represent customer experience in various forums to drive the right outcome that benefits our customers.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- A track record of attracting and hiring top talents and building teams from scratch
- Demonstrated ability of defining & driving complex initiatives/projects across multiple teams
- Proven success with cross-discipline and cross-team collaborations, possess strong conviction and courage skills.
Preferred Qualifications: - Genuine interest and/or experience in debugging and troubleshooting complex distributed systems problems. - Familiarity with the common patterns and practices for building reliable software
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.