Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions
of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious
startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and
accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the
GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That
means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy
within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your
About the team
The primary goals of the team are to ensure compliance for Stripe and
our merchants across the tax liabilities that incur as a result of fees
for services and goods. To achieve this means being plugged into every
part of the organization where a transaction occurs.
Our team works cross-functionally and with large datasets of information
to ensure that Stripe and its merchants meet all relevant tax
requirements in an efficient and timely manner.
What you’ll do
Engineering Managers at Stripe are responsible for the success of their
team. You’ll be deeply involved in the engineering and design processes
as well as coaching, mentoring, and leading the team. You’ll have a deep
understanding of how to drive efficient engineering teams and you’ll
have a strong user-focus. You’ll be working with engineers on creating
technical solutions and communicating effectively across teams and
- Work with a team of talented engineers and product managers to solve
challenging problems for our users.
- Drive the roadmap and priorities for your team, and work with
dependencies across the company.
- Be deeply involved in our new product launch and subsequent feature
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical
excellence and stability.
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and interface
effectively with the rest of Stripe.
- Recruit, coach and develop engineers.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s
engineering management team.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be
considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are
encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a
- You’ve managed engineering teams that have built and shipped products
- You have great product taste and a track record of taking complex
problems and solving them elegantly.
- You enjoy diving into and deeply understanding the businesses that use
- You work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think
rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs.
- You are capable of working in ambiguous fast-moving environments and
have a curiosity to learn the domain to a deep level.
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and
- You’re technical enough to ask engineers good questions about
architecture and product decisions.
- You have at least 3 years of engineering management experience and 6
years of overall software development experience.
- Domain experience in fintech or a regulated industry
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar relevant background
- Experience working in a geographically distributed company