Engineering Manager, Stripe Terminal, Merchant Experience
Stripe Terminal helps our users extend their online presence to the physical world. The Terminal team’s mission is to make it as easy for businesses to accept in-person payments as the Stripe API has done for online payments. With Terminal, businesses can unlock in-person payments use cases that are right for their business model—whether it’s creating a superb retail experience, extending their website to a pop-up store, or enabling a mobile point-of-sale at their next event.
The Merchant Experience team is looking for a manager to lead and help grow a strong team of developers, build relationships with customers internally and externally, and champion our vision to build a great experience for Terminal merchants. You will work with engineers, product, and design to build new customer-facing applications, APIs and products, while maintaining the quality and improving the merchant experience of existing products. This is an opportunity to engage directly with Stripe users in a fast-moving environment. You will hire and develop engineers, and play a key role in setting and executing on an ambitious roadmap for product expansion.
- Lead the development of applications and APIs across mobile, web, and backend systems.
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions by engaging with sales / support teams and talking to small startups and large enterprise users
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and simplicity
- Recruit engineers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach through close
We are looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- Experience with building great user-facing mobile/web applications and backend services/APIs.
- An eye for great products and can work with product engineers, product managers, and designers to effectively deliver them
- Successfully built a team, defined its mission, and executed on its goals
- Effectively recruited, mentored, and retained great people
- The ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Leverage your strong technical background and hands-on experience in solving large scale and difficult technical problems
- We need someone who is comfortable in a fast-moving environment with lots of moving pieces
At Stripe, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.