Engineering Manager, Stripe Terminal, Fleet Management
Stripe Terminal helps our users extend their online presence to the physical world. The Terminal team’s mission is to make it as easy for businesses to accept in-person payments as the Stripe API has done for online payments. With Terminal, businesses can unlock in-person payments use cases that are right for their business model—whether it’s creating a superb retail experience, extending their website to a pop-up store, or enabling a mobile point-of-sale at their next event.
We’re looking for an engineering manager to lead and shape the engineering team behind Terminal’s fleet management tools. You’ll manage and grow a strong team of developers and build relationships with customers, partners, and other teams at Stripe. You’ll lead the team focused on scaling our automated hardware logistics capabilities globally and building our new device management features and tools that will enable our largest platforms to effortlessly manage their ever-growing fleets of Terminal devices.
- Work with your team, product and design to build new customer-facing products, and improve and scale upon existing ones
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity and quality
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Recruit engineers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach through close
- Scale the Terminal engineering team
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience with building & scaling infrastructure services for consumer electronics
- An eye for great products and can work with product engineers, product managers, and designers to effectively deliver them
- Successfully built a team, defined its mission, and executed on its goals
- Effectively recruited, mentored, and retained great people
- The ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- 4+ years of engineering management experience
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people from various backgrounds with broad technical skills. Stripes take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and empowering entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We contribute to open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues well. The kind of people who commit to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a diverse organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.