Engineering Manager, Stripe Capital Product Foundations
Stripe builds economic infrastructure to increase the GDP of the internet. The Capital team plays a critical part in that mission by giving Stripe’s merchants access to the funds they need to grow. We offer fast, fair funding to businesses who are underserved by the traditional financial system. Our success comes from continuing to invest in Stripe’s merchants over years and helping them grow along with us.
In order to serve Stripe’s diverse user base, Capital is pursuing a platform strategy that will allow us to cater to a broad set of financial needs. We are building technical foundations to support international expansion, bespoke lending policies for Stripe-Connect-powered businesses, and new lending products.
We’re looking for a curious and capable engineering manager to lead our new Product Foundations team within Capital. You’ll be responsible for the beating heart of Capital’s product, from the money movement primitives that power every loan, to the investor integrations which fuel our lending ecosystem. As Capital’s rapid growth continues, your team will provide the services needed to support an ever-expanding set of lending products.
Capital—both as a team and as a product—is on trajectory to grow significantly. If you are excited about playing a broad, hands-on leadership role within an emerging business, we’d love to speak with you.
- Work closely with engineers across Capital and your cross-functional partners to drive the technical strategy for Capital’s core abstractions and services
- Recruit, hire, scale, and develop an amazing team of engineers
- Help set the strategic direction for Capital
- Work closely with our users and financial partners on a daily basis
- Design, build, and maintain infrastructure, services, and tools
- Engineer solutions across systems such as core money-movement infrastructure, data pipelines, banking systems, and more
- Leverage the best of Stripe’s stack or build from the ground up when prudent
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have led new, diverse teams to tackle challenging technical problems
- Evidence good taste in solving nuanced backend engineering problems
- Have at least 18 months of engineering management experience and 6 years of overall software development and management experience
- Think of yourself as entrepreneurial and enjoy moving quickly on new, green-field products
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people of different expertises. Almost every role at Stripe collaborates with engineers, from Sales and Support in sharing feedback from our customers, to Legal and Accounting in supporting our systems for tracking money movement and reporting around the world
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.