Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions
of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious
startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and
accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the
GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That
means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy
within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your
About the team
The Service Framework empowers all Stripe developers to build and ship
products efficiently and reliably on a services platform. This central
team ensures that platform decisions are globally optimal and aligned
with Stripe’s long term goals, collaborating with many infra teams to
lead or support company-wide initiatives.
What you’ll do
As an Engineering Manager within the Service Platform organization, you
will lead the Service Framework team and collaborate with infra orgs to
advance Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) adoption at Stripe.
- Work on a high-visibility team with a significant impact on the
company’s infra initiatives.
- Work with leaders across the company to create and drive toward the
longer term vision of Stripe’s services roadmap.
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical
excellence and stability.
- Lead and manage processes to help infra teams do their best work and
interface effectively with the rest of Stripe.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s
engineering management team.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be
considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are
encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a
- At least 3 years of experience managing teams that shipped and
operated critical distributed system infrastructure.
- Works effectively cross-functionally and is able to think rigorously,
communicate effectively, and make or coordinate hard decisions and
- Thrives with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility in an
- Technical enough to drive clarity with staff engineers about
architecture and technical strategic decisions.
- Encourage a healthy work environment that’s both challenging and
- Reason and operate from first principles, on both management and
technical aspects of the position, balanced with pragmatism depending
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for different audiences
(leadership, users, company-wide).
- Effectively managed stakeholder and partner relationships.
- Experience changing culture across large organizations.
- Experience across a variety of infra systems.
- Experience building products with static and dynamically typed
- Experience managing staff or principal engineers.
- Productively lead fully remote teams.