Engineering Manager, Offensive Security
Help secure Stripe, our users, and the internet.
As an Engineering Manager of the Security Exercises team, your work is not only impactful; it is critical to the long-term success of Stripe and our users. We’ve been trusted with some of their most sensitive information, and we make security a first-class consideration in everything we do.
We have a high security bar and Security Exercises are expected to play a critical role in ensuring our existing and future products meet that standard. The team will be responsible for developing internal penetration tests to validate if security controls work, guide remediation efforts, and accelerate Stripe towards world class security. As a foundational leader, this engineer will be pivotal in defining how the team and its capabilities are scaled and leveraged.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager with experience building teams that push security measures to their limits, without shedding empathy for the people building them. If you enjoy building and positioning specialized teams of exceptional technical aptitude, we’d love to talk.
- Work with other Stripe leaders to limit security exposure in our customer facing products, while leading a team that is shaking out security bugs before they enter production
- Drive how the engineering organization at Stripe calibraties risk; illuminating weaknesses in our technology and enabling a team of security experts to introduce security standards that are enforced through empathetic guidance
- Set clear goals and directions, and provide regular feedback on team members’ performance
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
You may be additive to our team if:
- You have low ego and bring a high degree of empathy
- You’ve managed teams responsible for web application penetration testing and have delivered robust and actionable documentation for large organizations
- You are deeply technical, but prefer to lean on your leadership skills
- You’re comfortable planning in quarters, and also have experience planning in years
- You’re a talent magnet and technical leader, you know when to get your hands dirty and how to enable your team
- You are able to drive execution of high impact work while incorporating feedback from multiple sources
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across Stripe’s organization
- You’ve managed other technical leads or managers
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.