Engineering Manager of Managers, SaaS Security
Help Secure Stripe
As an engineering leader of the SaaS Security team, your work is not only impactful; it is critical to the long-term success of Stripe and our users. We’ve been trusted with some of their most sensitive information, and we make security a first-class consideration in everything we do.
SaaS Security will be responsible for protecting Stripe and our users throughout the many SaaS solutions we utilize. We have a high security bar for our own systems and this team will play a critical role in ensuring our SaaS environments and their integrations meet that bar. As the foundational lead for this team, the Engineering Manager will be pivotal in defining how its capabilities are scaled and leveraged.
We’re looking for an experienced leader to join us and lead both managers and engineers in securing the payments infrastructure of the internet.
- Develop the long-term vision and strategy for the team, prioritize accordingly, and create execution roadmap
- Work with other Stripe leaders to limit security exposure in our SaaS environments and their integrations
- Establish clear guidance and documentation around critical security requirements for SaaS providers
- Support the engineering organization at Stripe in calibrating risk, informing decisions and priorities.
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Mentor and coach managers to create healthy and well-executing teams
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
You may be additive to our team if:
- You have low ego and bring a high degree of empathy.
- You’ve managed teams at SaaS providers or web scale companies, understanding the nuance of security in a highly regulated and fast evolving industry
- You know how to establish, execute and enforce company wide security standards
- You are deeply technical, but prefer to lean on your leadership skills
- You’re comfortable planning in quarters, and also have experience planning in years
- You’ve successfully recruited great people to your teams
- You are able to drive execution of high impact work while incorporating feedback from multiple sources.
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across Stripe’s organization
- You’re an experienced engineering manager who has mentored other engineering managers and leaders.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.