Engineering Manager, Review Flows
Build the tools to detect and prevent malicious activity across the Stripe system
Stripe handles billions of dollars every year for millions of businesses around the world, and it is imperative we ensure Stripe’s health as well as that of the larger financial ecosystem. To achieve this, we rely on ML models and complex systems of signals to identify potential problems, but the final line of defense is manual reviews conducted by risk underwriters using the tools built by the Review Flows team.
Review Flows partners with Stripe’s Global Risk Management team to build tools and scalable systems for internal underwriters and external vendor agents to conduct manual reviews
- Work with a team of talented engineers to build powerful workflows to analyze merchant activity and enact risk policy at scale.
- Partner with stakeholders on the Global Risk Management team
- Drive the roadmap and priorities for the team, and work with dependencies across the company.
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability.
- Recruit, coach and develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers.
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work, and collaborate effectively with the rest of Stripe.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team.
You may be a good fit if:
- You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work.
- You enjoy asking engineers good questions about architecture and system decisions.
- You work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs.
- You are open to learning, and enjoy working with partners and internal users to understand their needs.
- You’ve worked with geographically distributed teams
- You’ve successfully recruited great teammates.
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- You have previous engineering management experience.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.