Engineering Manager of Managers, Traffic
Traffic is responsible for Stripe’s High Assurance Environment—the infrastructure, software, and tooling which ingresses all API traffic to Stripe, handles tokenization and storage of sensitive data, and connects with our financial partners around the world. This is the only environment at Stripe which handles 100% of our API traffic.
The teams which are part of the Traffic group build and maintain the interfaces that enable payment integrations, provide infrastructure from ingressing all API traffic and protecting Stripe from DDoS attacks, and are responsible for our physical infrastructure around the world. We make it fast, easy, and simple to set up new sensitive payments systems; accelerating Stripe’s ability to go global, integrate with new partners, and to adapt to new regulations.
We’re looking for an experienced manager who is excited to lead, mentor, and grow both managers and engineers on teams spanning areas from core infrastructure, to global expansion.
- Work with engineers and other leaders at Stripe to understand how Traffic’s infrastructure can enable engineers across Stripe to build impactful and efficient infrastructure and products
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Mentor and coach managers to create healthy and well-executing teams
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
You may be a good fit if:
- You have managed teams that shipped and operated critical infrastructure, particularly cloud infrastructure involving distributed systems with a heavy dependence on read-write workloads.
- You have worked with geographically distributed teams
- You have successfully recruited and built great teams
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- You are clear and persuasive in writing and in person
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across engineering to provide a wonderful user experience
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.