Engineering Manager of Managers, Stripe Terminal, Payments Experience
The Terminal Payment Experience organization is responsible for the core technologies and product features that power the payment experience on Terminal. From SDKs that our users integrate against, to the user experience on our payment terminals, and payment methods across the world, the Payments Experience organization is the tip of the spear as Terminal expands to new market verticals and geographies.
We’re looking for an experienced leader who is excited to lead, mentor and grow both managers and engineers on teams spanning areas from SDKs to backend with the goal of building a world class in-person payments experience for our users.
- Work with your team, product, and design to build software and systems that power the in-person payment experience on Terminal
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity and quality
- Mentor and coach managers to create healthy and well-executing teams
- Recruit engineers and managers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach through close
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of engineering management experience including experience managing managers
- Experience with building mobile and web SDKs/frameworks and/or apps
- Experience working closely with Product Management and Design
- Successfully built a team, defined its mission, and executed on its goals
- Effectively recruited, mentored, and retained great people
- The ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Experience with payments is a bonus
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people from various backgrounds with broad technical skills. Stripes take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and empowering entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We contribute to open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues well. The kind of people who commit to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a diverse organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.