Engineering Manager of Managers, Payments Dashboard
Stripe was founded to make it easier for developers to accept payments. We’ve made big strides towards that vision but our ambition is to go much further. We are building products that make it easy for merchants to start and scale businesses and work on their behalf to remove any roadblocks to buying online anywhere in the world.
The Payments Dashboard team is responsible for building key experiences that merchants across the globe interact with to conduct critical business functions as well as grow and understand their business. The Dashboard is critical to merchants as it is the primary way that they interact with Stripe. In fact, products that can be enabled in the Dashboard have significantly higher attach rate generating value for both the merchants and for Stripe.
We’re looking for a Product focused engineering leader to drive the technical vision, roadmap projects across the Payments Dashboard. This role is critical, for the millions of merchants that use Stripe ensuring that they can serve their customers well and meet their business goals. In this role, you will think deeply about how to enable merchants to understand their state of the business with key analytics and insights and levers they can use to increase revenue and reduce cost, workflows for different business stakeholders and optimizing the dashboard experience for them, how to bring no-code solutions to the dashboard and more.
This is an exciting opportunity to partner with teams across Stripe to build the best merchant and developer experience.
- Develop the long-term vision and strategy for the team, prioritize accordingly, and create execution roadmap
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Mentor and coach managers to create healthy and well-executing teams
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
You may be a good fit if:
- You have managed managers for 4+ years and have experience growing teams of 30+ engineers
- You have significant experience in building user facing products.
- You are extremely customer focused and committed to providing a seamless experience for merchants. - Experience working on building solutions for businesses is a strong plus.
- You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- You have a passion for building teams that include identities, backgrounds, and experiences that reflect those of our ideal user base
- You’re excited to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- You have a track record of leading productive engineering teams
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility and think rigorously, and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- You are clear and persuasive in writing and in person
- You bring excitement for collaborating cross functionally with engineering, product, operations and business teams
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.