Engineering Manager of Managers, Dashboard Next - Barcelona
We’re looking for a uniquely skilled and qualified technical manager to lead and grow a strong team, build relationships with customers internally and externally, and champion our vision of building the best platform for internet commerce. Dashboard Next is an initiative where you’ll be working across all of Stripe’s products, steering the future of Stripe’s User Experiences, and working with world class engineers, PMs and designers.
- Drive the roadmap, priorities, and execution for Stripe’s new generation UI platform.
- Lead a team responsible for designing, implementing, and delivering the foundational building blocks of the UI platform.
- Recruit, hire, scale, and develop an amazing team of engineers.
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions that impact all of Dashboard and the Stripe Experience Platform roadmap.
- Iterate against your direct and adjacent surface areas on features, tooling, and processes as we launch new products and features.
- Drive operational excellence across your team’s libraries and services.
You may be a fit for this role if you’ve built diverse teams to tackle challenging technical problems and:
- Have at least 5 years of engineering management experience and 10 years of software development experience.
- Leadership experience in teams of front end and back end engineers creating platform components for product software.
- Think of yourself as entrepreneurial, able to vision long-term objectives while identifying near-term execution paths.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts:
- Design, Data Science, Performance, Product Management, Security, and more.
Projects your teams may work on:
- Designing and building the foundations of the Stripe UI platform.
- Contributing to the overall software architecture of Stripe UI products.
- Creating a contribution process by which new use cases and capabilities can be reviewed, revised, and incorporated to the platform.
- Building internal tooling and process to support developers building on your platform.
- Working with stakeholders to instrument, measure, and improve the quality, reliability, and utility of your work.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.