Engineering Manager of Managers, Core Developer Services
Core Developer Services is focused on accelerating engineers within Stripe so that they can more quickly and easily develop, deploy, and manage services for our users. From developer tools and service building blocks to CI/CD pipelines, public cloud infrastructure, and container platforms, we’re involved in every aspect of the engineering experience within Stripe. We work to ensure that services built within Stripe are secure, reliable, efficient, and performant even as we aim to delight Stripe’s engineers so that they can delight Stripe’s customers.
We are currently looking for an Engineering Manager of Managers to lead multiple teams and initiatives to help us in our mission.
- Develop the long-term vision and strategy for the team, prioritize accordingly, and create execution roadmap
- Support engineering teams in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Mentor and coach managers to create healthy and well-executing teams
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Passion for developers
- Managed teams that shipped and operated critical product infrastructure, particularly cloud infrastructure involving distributed systems
- Genuine enjoyment of learning and diving into the nuts-and-bolts of how things work, along with the technical context to engage with engineers about architecture and product decisions
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally, think rigorously, and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- Quantitative, analytical background and mindset
- Ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Desire to encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- Experience growing teams of 25+ engineers
- Demonstrated track record of managing managers (at least 3 years is preferred, but we recognize that experience can come in many different shapes and forms!)
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.