Engineering Manager of Managers - APAC Payments
The Payments org is working toward a future in which all of the complexity that comes with handling money (e.g. accepting different currencies, adopting new payment methods, integrating with hundreds of banks globally) is hidden from Stripe’s users. It is core to Stripe’s business and thousands of developers will use our platform and infrastructure to create valuable products and services that billions of people use. Our teams are responsible for building out the platform that powers money movement for all Stripe Products including Connect, Issuing, and Corporate Card. Ultimately, our goal is to increase the GDP of the internet by making it easy to build global products, services, and platforms that handle money.
Stripe is looking for an Engineering Manager of Managers who has built and led multiple high performing product engineering teams at large scale. The person in this role must have a strong track record of hiring, organizing, and coaching Engineering Managers and technical leaders. They should have experience building the processes necessary to allow high performing engineering organizations to thrive. Experience leading product discussions with customers, external partners and leadership stakeholders is also important.
- Be responsible for the success of a set of payments products, including two-factor authentication and fraud detection for local payment methods.
- Develop the long term vision and strategy for Stripe’s conversion optimization efforts in APAC.
- Directly manage in-region engineering teams, scaling them over time from 15 to 50+.
- Work with other Stripe leaders to define, design, and execute the plan for Stripe’s product strategy and technical vision.
- Invent new features and seed new teams working in the payments optimization opportunity space.
- Recruit excellent engineers and managers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team.
- Represent Stripe in official functions, in collaboration with Stripe’s communications team.
- Support engineering managers in APAC as they develop their teams.
- Drive company-wide initiatives as a senior member of Stripe’s global engineering org.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A track record of leading high impact engineering teams through periods of high growth.
- Deep technical experience to enable informed opinions on software design, architecture and product considerations.
- Ability to dive deep on technical design problems and facilitate decision making conversations with engineers.
- Successfully recruited great people to your teams with a focus on high performance and diversity.
- Ability to be clear and persuasive both in written and in person communication.
- Ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Experience with encouraging a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging.
- Experience mentoring other engineering leaders.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.