Engineering Manager, Move Experiences
The Money Movement Experiences organization creates the user facing APIs and product experiences to allow users to move and manage their money. Global money movement is a complex problem - and we abstract away all of that complexity from our users to make it simple for them to run their business.
We are responsible for:
Funding Building products and abstractions for users to add money to their Stripe balances. This is common for funding reserves and refunds, as well as in order to send money to others.
Sending Products and abstractions that give users the ability to send money to others.
Balances Products and abstractions for users to store money and understand money movements. Users care deeply about where their money is, and this becomes more complex as we add the ability to create new kinds of money movements.
Exchanges Products and abstractions for users to be able to convert currencies.
We are responsible for moving billions of dollars and have interesting engineering problems to solve to be able to do this in a reliable and scalable way.
Ultimately, Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet by making it easy to build global products, services, and platforms that handle money! To enable that vision, we will be doubling in size over the next year to rapidly scale out the feature set.
We’re hiring an Engineering Manager to help lead the exciting next chapter for Money Movement Experiences
- Work on a high-visibility team with a significant impact on the company’s bottom line
- Work with leaders from across the company to create and drive toward the longer term vision of Money Movement Experiences
- Help the team double over the next year, by hiring & retaining great engineers
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and interface effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- Managed teams that shipped and operated mission critical infrastructure. You’ll have significant responsibility over managing all of cash movement at Stripe, which is fundamental to Stripe’s success
- The ability to work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- The desire to encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- Technical know-how to facilitate good architectural and product decisions by the team
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.