Engineering Manager, Mobile Developer Productivity, Release Operations
Stripe Terminal helps our users extend their online presence to the physical world. The Terminal team’s mission is to make it as easy for businesses to accept in-person payments as the Stripe API has done for online payments. With Terminal, businesses can unlock in-person payments use cases that are right for their business model—whether it’s creating a superb retail experience, extending their website to a pop-up store, or enabling a mobile point-of-sale at their next event.
The Mobile Developer Productivity and Release Operations team is looking for a manager to lead and help grow a strong team of developers, create and improve software release processes, and ensure product quality across Terminal, You will work with engineers, TPMs, QA engineers, and other engineering teams to create world class tools, processes, builds, and code refactoring to accelerate Stripe engineering as Stripe scales. We’re looking for people with a strong background in and interest in building mobile application release, tools, and shipping quality software. You will hire and develop engineers, and play a key role in setting and executing on an ambitious roadmap to support product expansion.
- Work with a team of technically sophisticated engineers who make developer experience their first priority
- Solve problems for fellow Stripe engineers by understanding their needs and coming up with both short-term workarounds and long-term solutions
- Use both qualitative and quantitative metrics to determine priorities and measure effectiveness
- Leverage your strong technical background and hands-on experience in solving large-scale and difficult technical problems
- Deliver practical, useful, and reliable tools, processes, and code refactorings to Stripe engineers
- Work with stakeholders across Stripe to balance and accommodate competing desires
- Develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers
- Empower the engineering and quality team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity
- Recruit engineers that are among the best in the industry
We are looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of engineering management experience, with engineers directly reporting in and doing performance management
- Successfully built a team, defined its mission, and executed on its goals
- Effectively recruited, mentored, and retained great people
- The ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with lots of moving pieces
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.