Engineering Manager, ML Exploration
Stripe is the new standard in online payments and processes hundreds of billions of dollars around the world. Millions of the world’s most innovative technology companies are scaling faster and more efficiently by building their business on Stripe. Underneath this increasingly sophisticated mesh of products, countries, and data is machine learning powering it all.
Whether it is driving higher payment acceptance rates, defending against fraud, or forecasting the business, ML is the key ingredient that distinguishes us. For Stripe, ML is not a tool for parlor tricks – it is an essential business critical capability.
The ML Exploration team owns the prototyping phase of ML development, and is responsible for reducing the time between idea and first result – for ML Engineers, Data Scientists, and Analysts.
We are looking for a manager to lead this team!
You will be tackling problems like these:
How can we enable ML practitioners to quickly experiment with state-of-the-art model types?
How can we enable model introspection, even for complex model types?
What primitives should we build to support not just ML Engineers, but also Data Scientists and Analysts?
Your work will include:
- Setting the vision, goals, and technical strategy for the team based on ML industry trends
- Hiring, motivating, and developing engineers to do their best work and grow in their careers
You will be a good fit if you:
- Have at least 2 years of engineering management experience
- Lead by example in high-growth, high-impact, ambiguous environments
- Passionately care about improving developer productivity
- Have experience building ML Infrastructure
- [Bonus] Have experience in applied machine learning
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.