Engineering Manager, Security Integrations
Lead the Security Strategy and team behind Stripe’s M&As for support a smooth transition to our technology stack.
Lead the Security Strategy and team behind Stripe’s M&As for support a smooth transition to our technology stack. Integrating an acquired company is hard, important work and is often the biggest determinant of whether an acquisition is ultimately successful.
As part of our M&A strategy, Stripe believes it’s critical to evaluate each company’s secure design decisions, systems architecture and coding practices. During evaluation, the M&A security team Identifies, assesses, mitigates, and reports on information security and design risks. Post acquisition, we partner with the acquired company’s engineering teams to help them develop a consistent security roadmap that aligns well with Stripe’s technology expectations.
Stripe’s strategic investments support our broader mission of expanding the GDP of the internet. We’re looking for a seasoned leader with 5+ years of relevant Engineering Management experience to build our M&A focused security team.
Security remains one of Stripe’s priorities - we believe that in order to maintain the highest degree of security for our Users we must ensure all investments adopt our common technology stack and the security protections it affords. We are looking for someone to join us in our work to help ensure that our acquired companies follow rigorous security standards in their products and that we follow a solid transition methodology for securely integrating into our technology systems. It’s still early days and we have a lot of building to do – you’ll work very closely with senior leaders across the organization to help grow this nascent but increasingly important function at Stripe.
- Build, manage and develop a team of exceptional security architects who have experience planning and executing efficient integrations
- Help build our Security Integration function, including development and execution of existing integration approaches and strategies.
- Develop procedures for sunsetting legacy or non-Stripe supported technology used by the acquired company developers, engineering leaders and security teams to understand their secure design, perform code reviews and understand secure architecture practices
- Work with other managers throughout security to subject matter expertise in support of reviews and consultations
- Maintain and present an accurate report of residual risks that remain post integration participate in ongoing reviews for eliminating that risk
- Work with Security M&A TPM to develop and deliver on clear assignments, common formats for security outputs, disciplined timelines, and timely review processes.
This may be the right opportunity if you:
- Strong people-manager; demonstrated ability to build and develop best-in-class teams
- Have a track record of leading productive engineering team
- Understand what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process
- Lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- Have enough technical domain expertise to contribute toward architecture and product decisions and understand the associated trade-offs
- 5+ years of experience managing Engineering teams with a focus on Application/Product Security, Systems Design and Architecture, and ideally M&A Security Integration
- Enjoy working with entrepreneurial teams
- A first-principles thinker and builder, who is thrilled at the idea of helping to build a best-in-class integration function from the ground up
- Experience leading a best-in-class security integration team at scale
- Exceptional written and communication skills
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.