Engineering Manager, Merchant Reporting Platform
Stripe’s onboarding flows collect and store millions of sensitive Know-Your-Customer (KYC) data points from founders and business owners around the globe. The Merchant Reporting Platform team’s goal is to develop and operate a platform and product that lets partners and customers easily, yet securely, access this information – helping fulfill reporting requirements and improve their bottom line.
We’re hiring an experienced Engineering Manager to help lead the Merchant Reporting Platform on its transformation from a back-office support system to a world-class KYC reporting product. The team responsibilities include:
Evolving and maintaining the platform that powers KYC reporting to Stripe’s financial partners Working closely with the Onboarding, Policy, Risk, Financial Crimes, and Partnership teams to ensure reporting requirements don’t get in the way of a delightful onboarding experience Designing, prototyping, and building a novel KYC reporting product
- Manage a new team within the Onboarding group
- Work with a team of talented engineers, product managers, and group leadership to define the team’s vision, mission, and identity
- Define, scope, and launch a brand-new product
- Partner with stakeholders on the Onboarding, Policy, Risk, Financial Crimes, and Partnership teams
- Drive the roadmap and priorities for the team, and work with dependencies across the company
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability
- Recruit, coach, and develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and collaborate effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
You may be a good fit if:
- You have at least 3 years of engineering management experience
- You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work.
- You enjoy asking engineers good questions about architecture and system decisions.
- You work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs You are open to learning, and enjoy working with partners and internal users to understand their needs. You’ve worked with geographically distributed teams You’ve successfully recruited great teammates You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility You have previous engineering management experience
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.