Engineering Manager, LATAM Payment Methods
Build new products and services in order to support merchants and customers of Latin America.
Stripe’s core mission is to reduce the barriers faced by large and emerging businesses around the world by abstracting away the complexities of payments. The LATAM team is responsible for building the payments products & infrastructure needed to launch new markets and process payments successfully throughout Latin America. We are building a thriving product and engineering presence complementing and extending the reach of our current offices in Mexico City, São Paulo and the U.S.
Stripe is looking for an experienced engineering manager who has built, led, and grown product engineering teams. This leader should have a strong track record of supporting, mentoring, hiring, and building great software teams. We’re particularly interested in hearing from folks with experience iterating on products to find market-fit and a desire to enable the growth and success of businesses in Latin America.
- Manage the Global LATAM Payment Methods team
- Become a domain expert in an area of Stripe’s payments stack
- Work with engineers, leadership, and Product Management to define the team’s vision and roadmap
- Identify opportunities in Latin America’s payment method ecosystem, and build solutions that address them
- Recruit a team of great engineers in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Partner with other LATAM engineering managers to evolve our software delivery processes
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
You may be a good fit if you have:
- Fluency and strong communication skills in English and either Spanish or Portuguese (written and spoken).
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience building software products, including 4+ years of managing a team
- A track record of hiring and leading productive engineering teams
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- A strong desire to build a distributed team across the Americas.
- Motivation for working in highly cross-functional organizations and a strong ability to lead and measure product outcomes
- Experience with encouraging a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- Deep technical knowledge to own the outcome of architecture and product decisions
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.