Engineering Manager, Issuing
About our Team:
Issuing is an end-to-end platform for quickly creating, distributing, and managing physical and virtual cards. The Issuing team builds API and infrastructure that enables our users to do things like create employee expense cards with dynamic spending limits, generate virtual cards so on-demand couriers can pay with their phones at specific merchants, or run an entire card stack for a new digital bank.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a manager build, scale, and lead our engineering team. You’ll be responsible for helping to hire and develop engineers. You’ll interface closely with product teams, operations teams, and other engineering teams at Stripe. You’ll play a key role in setting and executing on an ambitious, global roadmap for product expansion.
- Work with a team of talented engineers who prioritize developer experience.
- Collaborate with partner teams on defining and executing our product roadmap.
- Work with stakeholders across Stripe’s products to tightly link Issuing to other services.
- Scale our team.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Built intuitive, easy-to-use infrastructure for developers.
- Successfully built a team, defined its mission, and executed on its goals.
- Effectively recruited, mentored, and retained great people.
- The ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Think of yourself as entrepreneurial and enjoy moving quickly on new, green-field products.
- Have a deep sense of user empathy and love building beautiful user experiences.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise. Almost every role at Stripe collaborates with some engineers, from Sales and Support in sharing feedback from our customers, to Legal and Accounting in supporting our systems for tracking money movement and reporting around the world.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.