Engineering Manager, Issuer Strong Customer Authentication
Help create secure, convenient online shopping experiences
Our clients are an extremely diverse group – from the fastest growing, technology driven startups in the world today, to traditional enterprise clients who are transitioning to a more modern infrastructure, to entirely new businesses embarking on a launch. In the past year, this high-impact, mission-critical team has integrated some of the world’s most admired challenger banks.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join us and lead Stripe engineers in securing the payments infrastructure of the internet.
- Work with other Stripe leaders to design the ways Stripe’s Issuing SCA team partners with Engineering and Product partners
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
- Make impactful decisions about client solutions and systems — their edge cases, failure modes, and lifecycles
- Architect and build out solutions and frameworks that address current and future client needs for cardholder convenience and regulatory compliance
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes that you and your team may encounter
We’re looking for some who has:
- Managed teams that designed and operated enterprise technology solutions, particularly with experience in banking and payments
- The knowledge of how to balance the reliability, usability, compliance and cost of critical systems
- Deeply technical ability, but prefers to lean on your leadership skills
- Comfort planning in quarters and have experience planning in years
- Successfully recruited great people to your teams
- The ability to drive execution of high impact work while incorporating feedback from multiple sources.
- An excitement about collaborating with teammates across Stripe’s organization
- Experience as an engineering manager who has mentored other engineering managers and leaders
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups. We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.