Engineering Manager, Internal Data Products
Stripe is the best software platform for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars every year for millions of businesses around the world.
With all this data, the Data Science team is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to help us build and manage business critical data platforms servicing the entire organization. If you are data curious, excited about designing highly scalable data platforms, and motivated by having an impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
As an Engineering Manager for Internal Data Products, you’ll be responsible for building out platforms to accelerate Stripe’s data productivity as Stripe scales. That includes building an Experimentation Platform, internal dashboarding and notebooking portal, an interface to analytical query engines, and data documentation and discovery tools. More than 80% of Stripes are active users of our platforms and more than 60% have produced and shared data using our platforms last year
Our ideal Engineering Manager has led technical teams building large-scale data platforms, has extreme attention to detail, concisely communicates complex concepts, and is equally excited about 99.9999% reliability and data quality as well as beautiful product UX and API design.
- Build a centralized experimentation platform to make it a core part of how Stripe makes decisions about improving our product experience and operations
- Improve our data visualization tooling and platform to democratize data access and create dynamic tools and reporting
- Dataset lineage and provenance explorer and integration with other internal data service
- Build batch and streaming infrastructure which will enable rapid development of experiments as well as analysis and monitoring of running experiments
- Build easy to use client libraries to enable integration with the platform and instrumentation of important events
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience building and leading productive engineering teams
- Successfully recruited great people to your teams
- Experience working on a large scale Visualization, Experimentation, or Personalization platforms
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- The desire to encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- A genuine excitement to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and can optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.