Engineering Manager, Infrastructure - Business Applications
Help the Business Applications team deliver the technology needed to enable Stripe to scale.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineering Manager for the Business Applications team to design, build and maintain the infrastructure services required to host applications for our internal customers.
- Technically mentor, grow, and empower your team by giving them the skills, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their success, enabling them to become technical leaders
- Be actively involved in the design, implementation, and administration of network, server, storage, and application technologies to meet project requirements and Stripe’s security and reliability standards
- Enact appropriate process and technology controls to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, security and availability of data and systems
- Drive operational excellence by continuously managing, monitoring, and measuring system health and performance metrics
- Collaborate with partner teams to share knowledge and resources, optimize operations, and pursue continuous improvements
- Align company goals, industry trends, and best practices to deliver scalable, efficient and effective infrastructure services
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience building diverse teams to tackle challenging technical problems including supporting cloud-based infrastructure utilizing technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and/or Terraform
- Proven experience owning significant pieces of cloud infrastructure using an industry-leading provider like AWS
- Demonstrated experience designing complex systems to be automatic, safe, efficient, and effective
- Comfort communicating key technical concepts like network protocols and application statefulness
- Excellent coding skills with a high bar for quality and scalability
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems including troubleshooting Linux at the OS level and as part of a distributed system.
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment
You should include these in your application:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.