Engineering Manager, GPTN
Stripe has been on a mission to build the Global Payment and Treasury Network (GPTN) to drastically increase the GDP of the Internet. This platform will act as the next generation engine to power all the critical offerings at Stripe and enable the future products to fuel the rapid growth in digital payments and the related domains. On this platform, Stripe processes payments, runs marketplaces, detects fraud, helps entrepreneurs start an internet business from anywhere in the world, builds world-class developer-friendly APIs, and more. We are seeking great engineers to join us in building GPTN to power businesses all over the world. As a GPTN engineer, you will build and expand the core technologies, APIs and services that solve some of the most challenging technical and business problems in Fintech. By crafting advanced software capabilities, you’ll be making some of the most significant decisions to empower the future growth of the company. You’ll get to work with other engineers to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well as our business, sales and operations teams to understand and solve our users’ pain points. We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Work with many Stripe leaders across the company to drive toward the vision and direction of Stripe’s GPTN systems
- Define and grow your team’s charter with Stripe’s business growth
- Understand user needs and user pain points to prioritize engineering work and deliver high quality solutions to meet user needs
- Drive the roadmap and priorities for your team, and work with dependencies across the company
- Be deeply involved in understanding and operationalizing revenue and pricing models for new product and market launches
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical excellence and stability
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and interface effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A track record of leading productive engineering teams
- Successfully recruited great people to your teams
- A genuine excitement to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- The ability to be clear and persuasive in writing and in person
- The ability to lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- Managed teams that shipped and operated critical infrastructure and/or products.
- Work effectively cross-team and cross-function, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- Strong technical background and hands-on experience in solving large scale and difficult problems
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.