Engineering Manager, Fraud Actioning
Stripe builds the economic infrastructure for the internet. Building trust between banks, businesses & customers is a key ingredient for Stripe to be successful. Unfortunately, fraudsters & bad actors erode that trust.
The Fraud Actioning team builds backend and AI systems to reduce fraud while retaining a best-in-class user experience. Our work directly impacts Stripe’s bottom line, and we help build a safer financial backbone for the internet.
We are looking for a manager to lead this team!
You will be tackling problems like these:
How do we build risk engineering systems that scale as Stripe launches new global products?
What innovative actions should we take based on the likelihood of a user being fraudulent?
How do we minimize good user impact while maximizing fraudster friction?
Your work will include:
- Setting the vision, goals & strategy for the team based on business goals
- Executing cross-functionally with product teams, infra teams & risk strategists
- Proposing and driving product ideas that directly reduce Stripe’s fraud losses
- Launching new risk policies & systems that directly impact Stripe’s bottom line
- Recruiting engineers, in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Motivating & developing engineers to do their best work & grow in their careers
You will be a good fit if you:
- Have at least 2 years of engineering management experience
- Lead by example in high-growth, high-impact, ambiguous environments
- Have experience building scalable backend infrastructure
- Enjoy measuring & improving user experience
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Thrive in a collaborative cross-functional environment
- [Bonus] Have experience in interfacing with ML/AI systems
- [Bonus] Have experience in adversarial domains like Fraud, Trust, or Safety
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.