Engineering Manager, Financial Reporting
Integrating Stripe from a developer’s perspective has traditionally been quick and effortless, and the goal of Financial Reporting is to provide the same experience for our financial users, whether it be closing their month-end books, forecasting financials, or optimizing revenue.
On Financial Reporting, we work on creating ergonomic UI and API experiences, designing robust data models, and jumping into data processing to ensure accounting-grade accuracy.
As the engineering manager you will work on developing solutions for the finance teams at our customer companies. This role will provide the opportunity to develop the engineering strategy for one of Stripe’s core products, get feedback on your plans directly from Stripe’s leadership team, and collaborate with engineering and cross-functional partners across the organization.
- Develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers
- Recruit engineers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach through close
- Manage the processes necessary to operate the team effectively
- Work directly with customers to develop products that are easy to use but flexible enough to support a wide variety of users and use cases
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as part of the engineering management team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Organization skills and naturally prioritize tasks for the good of the product and team
- An eye for great products and can work effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to build them
- Empathy for the problems that businesses small and large face in their day-to-day operations, and a desire to solve those problems
- Managed engineering teams that have a strong record of shipping
- A strong emphasis on recruiting and developing their team
- Worked on a highly visible product and has a high bar for design, usability, and accessibility
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.