Engineering Manager, Developer Products - Sandboxes
Stripe’s users have to know they can safely make changes to their applications without risking their Stripe integrations. Being able to test against Stripe is one of the most important first steps any user will take as they add Stripe to their stack. As they scale their businesses on Stripe, users should also feel confident that they can make integration changes safely. This team is responsible for building the developer products and guardrails that provide this confidence in our API.
The Testing API and Sandboxes is responsible for giving our users any tool or product they need to verify their integration end-to-end. Whether it’s manual ad-hoc testing, writing unit tests that adhere to industry best-practices, or being able to programmatically spin up and teardown a fully isolated sandbox to run in CI, a developer should be able to use our tooling to ensure confidence in their integration.
We’re looking for an engineering manager to help spin up this team and effort across all of Stripe, work directly with our users to understand their problems and needs, and help align the organization on a path forward.
- Recruit, hire, scale, and develop an amazing team of engineers
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions that impact all of Stripe and Stripe customers
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity and quality
- Work with product and infrastructure teams across Stripe to align priorities and roadmaps
You may be a fit if you:
- Have built diverse teams to tackle challenging technical problems and:
- Have at least 3 years of engineering management experience and 8 years of overall software development experience
- Think of yourself as entrepreneurial and enjoy moving quickly on new, green-field initiatives
- Can strongly empathize with developer users and place our users first
- The ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Have a keen eye for product details, API design, and tools
- Have a strong sense for industry-wide best practices around building and testing APIs
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.