Engineering Manager, Corporate Systems
Build the systems and tooling powering Stripe’s Corporate infrastructure.
The Corporate Engineering Systems team provides infrastructure services and solutions to a broad array of internal Stripe teams. We partner with a variety of customers with business needs that often require unconventional thinking.
This team works with a variety of proprietary and open-source systems that are foundational to a number of business functions within Stripe. We build and support services and solutions that provide infrastructure, automation, self-service and observability to support the rapid scaling of Stripe’s business.
Your day-to-day work will include a mix of tending to our existing fleet and its associated management tools, working on larger strategic projects that span multiple teams and quarters (one example: self-service laptop provisioning tools), and providing input into our longer-term roadmap and planning activities.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering leader who is excited to lead this team. You will be able to build a vision for this team that effectively optimizes for security and productivity of the Stripe teams you support.
- Work with other Stripe leaders to design and lead corporate infrastructure management and security best practices
- Empower the Systems Engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity
- Keep abreast of industry trends and forums to ensure Stripe remains an innovator in this domain
- Recruit great engineers in collaboration with Stripe’s recruiting team
- Help engineers advance in their careers and develop new skills -Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Stripe’s engineering management team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience as an engineering manager
- Experience collaborating with recruiting partners to hire new team members
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Clear and persuasive writing and in-person communication
It would be great if:
- You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- You understand what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process
- You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work
- You know when to let a team work through problems and when to jump in to help
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.