Manager, Core Applications
The mission of the Corporate Technology organization is to be Stripe’s strategic technology partner. We are focused on increasing business velocity through tooling, services, and infrastructure that enables Stripe to scale and increase the GDP of the internet.
Stripe’s Core Applications team provides the foundational productivity and collaboration tools used by all Stripes, everywhere. Our goal is to ensure all interactions within our owned platforms (both present and future) are optimized to provide the most value and to help improve efficiency for all Stripes. Our decisions are made based on data and feedback from our customers, and we place an important emphasis on improving and keeping our existing security posture in the environment up to our Security org’s standards.
We are looking for a seasoned leader to take our Core Applications team to the next level. You will support the team who operates, administers and integrates our growing portfolio of SaaS and In-House Applications (Google Workspace, Slack, Dropbox, Jira/Confluence, Air Table, etc…) to enable Stripes to collaborate and work effectively on a daily basis. The ideal candidate must be able to work cross-functionally, aligning the work done in the Core Applications team with that of the Corporate Technology and Security teams as well as supporting the needs of our growing population of Stripe employees and contractors. You are responsible for creating and growing a highly productive team of Engineers and striking the right balance between customer obsession, speed, cost, and risk to ensure the business is able to realize its objectives. The Engineering Manager overseeing Core Applications must drive technical excellence, enable scale, and promote solid technical decision making that correctly anticipates future challenges across our Core Applications portfolio.
- Manage a team of technical professionals responsible for ideation, design, delivery and maintenance of technical solutions to support Stripe’s Core Applications
- Partner closely with each individual on the team to define professional goals to ensure they have the resources, support and opportunity needed to advance in their career
- Review the existing systems landscape and provide guidance on optimization and automation
- Ensure appropriate controls and documentation are followed to meet security and compliance requirements across all systems
- Work cross-functionally to help drive complex operational initiatives
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Past experience overseeing the management of SaaS and Platform applications
- Past experience managing technical teams
- A passion for enabling people to do their best work by leading with empathy and compassion
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and lead and drive complex operational initiatives
- Experience partnering with security engineers to design solutions that adhere to internal guidelines while meeting business needs
- A collaborative approach to getting work done
- Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills
- Experience managing remote teams
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.